Re: [Vala] Help with Memory Leak

On Fri, 2013-05-17 at 07:23 -0400, Bruce Reidenbach wrote:
As they like to say, "old thread is old".

I never was able to get a satisfactory answer from the gtk-app-devel list,
the only response being that the memory allocation/destruction model for
gtk was considered good enough.

But then something curious happened.  I compiled the code for the latest
Ubuntu (13.04) and the problem went away!  The memory footprint is solid as
a rock, after several days of running.  I know there's way too many
variables to figure out what happened (new kernal, new gtk, new valac), but
it appears the problem somehow was cured.  I really doubt that the new
version of valac had anything to do with it since previously I could cause
the heap fragmentation to disappear if I commented out the command to
update the menu label.

That's too bad; we don't know whom to compliment.
Any way, thanks for sharing the good news.

Nice day
Nor Jaidi Tuah

PRIVILEGED/CONFIDENTIAL information may be contained in this message. If you are neither the addressee
(intended recipient) nor an authorised recipient of the addressee, and have received this message in error,
please destroy this message (including attachments) and notify the sender immediately. STRICT PROHIBITION:
This message, whether in part or in whole, should not be reviewed, retained, copied, reused, disclosed,
distributed or used for any purpose whatsoever. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful and may contain
material protected by the Official Secrets Act (Cap 153) of the Laws of Brunei Darussalam. DISCLAIMER:
We/This Department/The Government of Brunei Darussalam, accept[s] no responsibility for loss or damage
arising from the use of this message in any manner whatsoever. Our messages are checked for viruses but we do
not accept liability for any viruses which may be transmitted in or with this message.