Re: [Vala] Vala and Cairo 1.12

2013/5/14 Donn <donn ingle gmail com>

Hi,
Vapi files mystify me. Does anyone know where I can get a vapi (and
anything else I'd need) such that I can use Cairo 1.12?

Or, perhaps someone can help me generate it?

BTW - The valadoc.org/cairo seems to be about version 1.0 of cairo - so
it's also out of date.

Hi,

some vapis are auto-generated (mostly for glib based libraries I think),
but most are hand written and maintained AFAIK.

Are there a lot of new functions in 1.12 that you need? If not,
you could just inline the function signatures in your vala code
until someone updates the official vapi.

You can take a look at the current vapi to get a feel for
how they're written. If you have specific questions,
feel free to ask them here.

Jonas