Re: [Vala] Gtk+ -mwindows

2013/5/11 Stamper <stamper ukr net>

Hello!

I learn Vala now. I use win32 binaries from http://www.tarnyko.net/en/?q=*
*node/13 <http://www.tarnyko.net/en/?q=node/13> and Geany as IDE.
I'm trying to develop simple Gtk UI application. But I want to hide
windows promt console. I've found this:
http://stackoverflow.com/**questions/2281514/how-to-hide-**
command-prompt-for-my-windows-**gtk-apps<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2281514/how-to-hide-command-prompt-for-my-windows-gtk-apps>
You have to specify -mwindows at compile time.

But it does not work in command promt like this: "d:\vala\src> valac --pkg
gtk+-3.0 -mwindows gtkdemo.vala"
What am I doing wrong? How I should to specify "-mwindows" at compile time?

Thank you!

Hi,

instead of passing the option directly to valac, you have to tell it to
pass it along to gcc.
You do this with the '-X' parameter, ie. "d:\vala\src> valac --pkg gtk+-3.0
-X -mwindows gtkdemo.vala"

Jonas