Re: [Vala] Call default mail app (like evolution) from a Vala/Gtk+ app

El jue, 28-02-2013 a las 02:12 -0008, Jim Nelson escribió:
I would think Gtk.show_uri() or AppInfo.launch_default_for_uri() would
do the trick.

-- Jim

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 5:39 PM, jezra <jezra jezra net> wrote:
Hello,
I do not have a default email program, but the following code may
work
for you. It calls a command line tool to launch email.

I'll see if it works too. Thanks!

public static void main() {

string subject = "Hello World";
string body = "Greetings World, it is nice to meet you";
string address = "example example com";
//build a command from the data
string command = @"xdg-email --subject '$subject' --body '$body'
$address";
stdout.printf(@"$command\n");
//run the command
try {
Process.spawn_command_line_async( command );
} catch(SpawnError err) {
stdout.printf(err.message+"\n");
}
}