Re: [Vala] Call default mail app (like evolution) from a Vala/Gtk+ app

Hello,
I do not have a default email program, but the following code may work
for you. It calls a command line tool to launch email.

public static void main() {

  string subject = "Hello World";
  string body = "Greetings World, it is nice to meet you";
  string address = "example example com";
  //build a command from the data
  string command = @"xdg-email --subject '$subject' --body '$body'
  $address";
  stdout.printf(@"$command\n");
  //run the command
  try {
    Process.spawn_command_line_async( command );
  } catch(SpawnError err) {
    stdout.printf(err.message+"\n");
  }
}