[Vala] Vala in Python

Hi,
(I have attached three files - hope that's ok.)

I'm trying to make library that I then employ within Python3. I am hacking from the awesome work done here:
https://github.com/tliron/pygobject-example
(The example "Logging" object works very well.)

I'm trying to make a Clutter Actor (in Vala) and instantiate it from Python. So far not much is going on.

Quick howto:
1. Drop the three files into a directory.
2. Install these: ( apt-get bias, sorry ;) )
 apt-get install libgirepository1.0-dev
 apt-get install gobject-introspection
3. Run the build script (shell): ./build

I see the Clutter window open but only when I close the window do I see the "boo test." message.
There is no sign that the RedSquare constructor (in Vala) ever ran.

Could anyone help me along the path to getting this sucker running?

Tah,
\d