[Vala] Vala for embedded systems, IDEs, debugging

Hi all,

I've been following Vala for some time now, and am interested in using
it for embedded systems. Does anyone else have experience with that?
I'd like to hear both good and bad experiences.

I have some related questions I hope to get some answers for:

Is remote debugging supported?
How is the IDE support? I checked the tools section of the website,
the most up to date one seemed to be MonoDevelop.
What about crash dumps, is there debugging support for them?

Thanks,
Joe