Re: [Vala] Unit Testing in Vala

On Fri, 2012-10-19 at 09:49 -0400, Steven Oliver wrote:
There are a couple of unit testing frameworks out there for Vala. I know
there a multitude of frameworks people have written themselves for
themselves that aren't really published as stand alone projects. Given that
I'd like to start putting some testing in a project I'm working on and I
had a few questions for the audience.

It appears to me that Valadate is the most "mature" testing platform out
there. I've noticed it's "hosted" on Gitorious but it appears that Yorba
has cloned it on their server and have made updates to it that never made
it back to Gitorious. It also appears that despite hosting Valadate Yorba
doesn't actually use it. * puzzled *

Is there anything else out there worth looking at? Or at lest ones that
have seen updates in the past 2 years? And finally, what is everyone doing
for unit testing? It appears to be something a lot of projects don't really
do anymore.

All of the unit testing projects people have written in Vala which I'm
aware of are now unmaintained.  I think most Vala projects which have
unit tests simply use the testing framework built into GLib.

http://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/glib-Testing.html
http://valadoc.org/glib-2.0/GLib.Test.html

-Evan