Re: [Vala] Is creating dbus interfaces in type modules (plugins) broken?

On Thu, 2012-11-29 at 10:06 +0800, PCMan wrote:
I tried to develop some type modules for my program.
Everything works fine initially and [ModuleInit] registered GObject dynamic
classes automagically as expected.
However, after I move a previously working dbus interface to that type
module, I got crashes.

Support for dynamic types will likely be removed from a future GLib
version¹, i.e., you will no longer be able to unload modules. Can you
try whether you can fix the crashes by simply removing the [ModuleInit]
attribute? Module loading should still work the same way, you just won't
be able to unload it without restarting the process.

If you want to keep using dynamic types and help finding the solution
for this bug, can you please try the following?
      * Replace G_DEFINE_TYPE_EXTENDED in the generated .c file by
        G_DEFINE_DYNAMIC_TYPE_EXTENDED (for the UPower proxy)
      * Add upower_upower_proxy_register_type(type_module) to your
        plugin_init function right after the call to
        upower_upower_register_type

Regards,
Jürg

¹ http://blogs.gnome.org/mclasen/2012/10/08/gnome-summit-sunday/