Re: [Vala] Is there any way to deserialize something into object in vala?

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 6:03 AM, marcin saepia net <marcin saepia net>wrote:

Hi,

I need to create a sort of abstraction layer between the database and
my vala app.

It would be great if it was possible to interate over my class
properties, read they type etc. and dynamically map fields from the DB
to the properties.

Is there any way to do that?

I know that it is possible within GObject, as json-glib has that
functionality, but is it possible without access to low-level C
GLib/GObject macros? Only in Vala?

m.

It may not be *exactly* what you want, but have you taken a look at
SQLHeavy's ORM codegen?
http://code.google.com/p/sqlheavy/wiki/ORMGenerator

 - Eric