Re: [Vala] DBus server-side codegen

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 3:29 AM, Luca Bruno <lethalman88 gmail com> wrote:

Why do you need xml for the server?
http://live.gnome.org/Vala/DBusServerSample

Ideally you want to code to the interface, not the other way around.
That's why dbus-binding-tool and qdbusxml2cpp can generate the server-side
code as well as the client-side code.  I also worry that a Vala change
could end up affecting the interface in some subtle way that could result
in hard to track down bugs.

But there's another hurdle here as well -- if I write the server without a
formal interface, how do I generate the XML?

  - Eric