[Vala] How to remove memset from struct constructor?

Dear all,

I notice that vala compiles struct constructor
into a function that starts by calling memset
even when the struct variables are fully initialized
by the body of the constructor. I don't think any
C compiler is clever enough to optimize away
the call to memset. This can add a significant
overhead (speed) for a very lightweight struct.
Is there any option to signal vala not to put
the call to memset?

hand
Nor Jaidi Tuah