[Vala] Note Taking Application in VALA

Dear Members,

I have just started using the VALA for developing a note taking application
using gtk. I have attached the necessary files needed for the same.

I am not understanding how one can read the items from ListStore variable
"file_names" from the TreeView (as mentioned in the code).

My objectives are as follows,

1) Set the directory for notes (Should be invoked by the Settings button)
2) View the content of the directory (only files with .txt extension) in
left scroll-able window.
3) On clicking the content (notes) it should be editable in the TextView.
4) Autosave on exit and say after each 10 seconds.
5) Clicking add button should take the entry in the tree view and create
the necessary note

This application would be very useful for writing notes which can be synced
with Dropbox and so with our Android Phone using Epistle.

Looking forward for your help.

Regards
Amol