[Vala] R: The perfect Vala/GNOME IDE...

Hi,

I see good intentions here, just a note about the "obnoxious
ValaToys" (why obnoxious?!? ;) )

The best I've seen of that is the
obnoxious ValaToys completion which did
not parse documentation
comments and acquired symbols
only from opened files.

This is not
true, vala toys has support for the concept of a "project" with 3
backends (the most tested is the autotools one) and
the completion
engine acquires symbols from all the project's files and not only the
opened ones, also it finds all the vapi from the
project packages.

see all the functions that VTG offers you should use "open project"
from the file menu',
or enable the *experimental* option
"Automatically Find Project Root Folder" in the plugin option, and open
a vala file.

When you have a "project" opened you can jump to any file
or symbol etc...

The real problem is that afrodite, the completion
engine library, is very very buggy slow and leaky.
I've several idea to
fix it, but no time to do any real development (I'll accept patches of
course)

Having said that, in my opinion the best feature I'd like to
see is an integrated debugger.

Have a nice day,
Andrea

P.S.