Re: [Vala] SQLHeavy memory leak?

2012/3/22 ant <blowback gmail com>
It works very well, but I have a catastrophic memory leak. Hunting the
problem down, it seems to be SQLHeavy.Query that is the culprit.

In an attempt to distill the problem to its essentials, I crufted up
the attached program; it's nonsense in that all it does is create lots
of Queries and throw them away, but if I run it as 'dbtest 0' my
memory usage is 1.3MB, and with 'dbtest 100000' it's 171MB.

I think you're right that this is a memory leak in SqlHeavy. The
problem is that statements are compiled by the Query object, and
finalized by the QueryResult object. So if a query is not executed,
its statement is never finalized.

This is a branch that fixes the problem [1]. Can you confirm that it
works? I haven't tested it in any other scenario so I hope it doesn't
introduce problems of its own.

I've forwarded it to the issue tracker [2].

[1] https://gitorious.org/~tkluck/sqlheavy/tklucks-sqlheavy/commit/c91da3ff5fe5a819d0349bdab155b1d7a1f1cf54
[2] https://code.google.com/p/sqlheavy/issues/detail?id=24