Re: [Vala] Using vala, libgda, and waf

Hi,

                   في ح، 10-06-2012 عند 00:22 -0400 ، كتب Steven Oliver:
I have a very very simple pet project I'm writing and I want to
integrate some storage in a DB using libgda or GnomeDB (not real sure
what it's official name is now). I've pasted the basics of the top of my
wscript file. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get waf to
recognize libgda. I'm still on Fedora 15 so I only have up to
libgda-4.0, which is fine, because if I can't get it to work having 5
won't help me any.

I've tried several different opts.load statements in the below code
including "libgda", "libgda4", "libgda-4.0". Does anyone know what the
right statement is???

(This has actually nothing to do with vala, it's really a waf question.)
Anyway, you need to use conf.check_cfg like it is done for glib,
something like:

conf.check_cfg(package = 'libgda-4.0',
               uselib_store = 'GDA',
               mandatory = True,
               args = '--cflags --libs')

and use GDA in the uselib for your application.

HTH,
Abderrahim