Re: [Vala] Getting results from an async callback

On Fr, 2012-07-27 at 17:34 +0200, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
Hi!
You recieve a AsyncResult in that callback. For examples how to use
PackageKit in Vala, see my Listaller[1] project or - for a
less-complex example (Listaller uses some internal PK APIs) - just
checkout this snipped which addresses your question:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~lubuntu-software-center-team/light-software-center/trunk/view/head:/src/Backend/AppsManager.vala#L90
(from Light Software Center)
Regards,
   Matthias

Thanks, I'm using Listaller 0.5.5 as a reference quite a lot. However,
for that part you are using mainly the synchronous calls.
Passing user data in a closure will do the trick.

--
tomw <tomw ubilix com>