Re: [Vala] ANNOUNCE: ValaWinPKG for win32

Hi Tal, nice to see some feedback,
If I have mingw and install Vala and other libraries using MinGW(msys),
can I install a specific library(such as gobject-introspection) which I can't build?

ValaWinPKG uses Vala and GLib versions to identify compatible packages. So, as gobject-introspection depends on GLib, you could well have a prebuilt package for the custom GLib you've built with MinGW/MSYS. If you cannot compile gobject-introspection yourself, you'll have to find compatible binaries on the Internet, test them, and create the package yourself (see below). The "build, find" is really the tricky part. ValaWinPKG works at best with the Vala bundle found here : https://vala-win32.googlecode.com/files/vala-0.12.0.exe
Can I create a custom package for other libraries(which out of repo)?

Of course.
To create a custom package at this very moment, you need to host a local repo following the guidelines. I just made my repo browsable, so you can see them : http://www.tarnyko.net/repo/vala/ The root folder is named "vala<VERSION>-glib<VERSION>". The versions have to match those found on the system. "Packages" is a CSV file listing packages with dependencies.
The packages themselves are ZIP files following this structure :

bin/*.dll
include/mylib/*.h
lib/*.dll.a
lib/pkgconfig/*.pc