[Vala] Increasing the array_length in vapi by 1

Hey All -- I have a binding where the method requires a uchar[] and a
length. Currently it works correctly in that the generated C passes the
correct length. Unfortunately, the length it's expecting is really length +
1. Is there any way to manipulate that through CCode to simplify the
binding? or do I have to disable array_length and explicitly pass the length
+ 1?

Thanks for the help!

SMF