Re: [Vala] how to pass a List by reference?

Anyone tried benchmarking it?

Arraylists should perform much better than linked lists if they are not going to be modified.

Any chance to use slices implicitly?

On 17/10/2011, at 20:16, Abderrahim Kitouni <a kitouni gmail com> wrote:

في ج، 14-10-2011 عند 10:26 -0300 ، كتب Leonardo Ferreira Fontenelle:
As I told in a previous email, I come from a Python background,
and never wrote anything in C+GLib. When I learned Vala, I used
Libgee first, and only then I found out about GLib's lists,
sequences and so on.

Could anyone please tell me which are the coincidences and differences
in the GLib and Libgee, and which are the pros and cons of each?

You should use libgee unless you have a good reason not to. The only
reason I see is interoperability (and it is a very good one). For
example, if you want to use libraries that use the GLib collections, it
may be better to use GLib everywhere and not have to convert. Another
example is if you're writing a library and want it to be usable from
gobject-introspection: libgee doesn't work well (if at all) with
introspection.

HTH,
Abderrahim