Re: [Vala] GLib.List

Hello,

2011/5/17 Jan Spurný <JSpurny seznam cz>:
Hi,

I'm writing a new library in vala, and that library uses our old library which is written in c. Until now I
was able to write VAPI files for everything in the old library, but now I stumbled on a big problem - some
functions in the old library returns GLib.List with some dynamicaly allocated structs ("Compact class in
vala terminology) as data members. Something like this:

[...]

But now I'm trying to use the result of "old_lib_make_x_list" in vala and there it all fails.

The VAPI file looks something like this:
[...]

Now I have probably two, equaly wrong possibilities. Either let vala manage things (it can't of course..):

Another possibility is to let vala actually manage things ;-)

Did you have any problem with the following? it should be the first
thing you try (and is likely the correct thing):

[CCode (cheader_filename = "oldlib.h")]
public static GLib.List<X> old_lib_make_x_list();

HTH,
Abderrahim