[Vala] [newbie] Help editing PNG images with Vala?
- From: Adam <quark comcast net>
- To: vala-list gnome org
- Subject: [Vala] [newbie] Help editing PNG images with Vala?
- Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 14:26:00 -0400
I've been trying to learn Vala, and I've assigned myself a few tasks to
get started. I'm pretty fluent in C# (.NET), so Vala syntax hasn't been
much of a problem.
Currently, I'm trying to move beyond some of the basics, and write a
command line program with the following requirements:
1. The program must edit a png file, modifying each pixel according to
an internal algorithm.
2. The program must *not* load the entire file into the memory; it
should only load and edit one row of pixels at a time, and save them
after each edit. This will allow for editing huge files.
3. The program must be able to run on both Windows and Linux. I'm
currently stuck in a Windows environment because my main box is having
Can anyone help me get started with this? If I use libpng, do I need to
write a .vapi file for it? Any particular challenges I will run into?
] [Thread Prev