Re: [Vala] My first (very positive) impressions of Vala

On 11/07/2011, at 8:40, Luca Bruno <lethalman88 gmail com> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 08:09:15AM +0200, Serge Hulne wrote:
  1. More examples (I intend to contribute actively to that aspect).

The wiki is open fore contributions.

There's also: http://code.valaide.org

  2. Provide a way to generate the documentation locally (like Javadoc or
  Pydoc or godoc).
  - Valadoc does not seem (in its present form) to be able to generate the
     complete documentation of Vala, with one simple command.
     - I had to resort to get the documentation form the server with wget,
     for that reason (which I browse, from the command-line with lynx).
     - I tried Doxygen, but the result is not useful.
  3. Perhaps the entire Vala documentation, should be available a
  compressed file (to avoid having to get is with wget)

Yes, many times the maintainer of valadoc mentioned that a compressed file
containing the whole documentation should have been made available, but
yet... lack of time :)
If you're that interested, you might want to contact the maintainer and ask
for it.

--
http://www.debian.org - The Universal Operating System