Re: [Vala] How to use Gtk.Builder in our custum widgets?

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Daniel Svensson <dsvensson gmail com> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Sepehr Aryani <sepehr aryani gmail com> wrote:
does not work well for me. Besides I need to pass Gtk.builder reference to MyWindow to be able to handle
the ui inside my custom window class. In C++ we could do this using get_widget_derived. I didn't see the
same mechanism in Vala's gtk library. would someone please help me?

Do you have MyWindow in your .ui file?

I do this quite extensively in my application, here is one example:
http://git.xmms.se/xmms2/abraca/tree/src/components/server/server_browser.vala#n42

and the .ui-file:
http://git.xmms.se/xmms2/abraca/tree/data/ui/server_browser.xml#n18

it was a while since I wrote that and I'm not sure if you need to
explicitly add the Buildable interface or if that comes with the
widget you inherit.. but anyway.. something like that ought to get you
started.

And if you still want to be able to edit your .ui-files in glade, you
have to build glade modules for your widgets too. You can find details
on how to do that in the above mentioned git repository too.

--
Daniel Svensson