Re: [Vala] Vala for everyone

On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 15:40 +0100, Jens Georg wrote:
On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 14:27 +0000, Denis Reichelt wrote:
Hi all,

I'm not a GNOME developer but I'm interrested in Vala because for me it would
be a perfect C frontend. C is virtually platform independent because C
compilers exist for nearly every processor / controller.
So my question is:
Why is Vala that hardly bound to the Gnome world and the gcc compiler?
Why simply transform Vala code to C and let the platform dependent C compiler
do all the machine code things?
I would like to use Vala with embedded devices, not using any linux OS or such.
Would that be possible, maybe with a reduced library set?

There is the POSIX profile, but you lose those features provided through
GObject. The generated C should conform to C89.

There's also Dova, which is an alternative object system, not tied to
GNOME.

        Xav