[Vala] V4l2 - STREAMON Fails

Hello,

Anyone who have knowledge in using the V4l2 interface? Specifically someone
who have worked on Webcam, with STREAMING capability, using vala?

Heres the problem:

I was able to setup my webcam with the help of sample in
http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/spec/a16706.htm. Everything was going smoothly
until im ready to IOCTL using VIDIOC_STREAMON. I have already checked every
possible cause of the error described in
http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/spec/r13817.htm as follows:

"On success 0 is returned, on error -1 and the errno variable is set
appropriately:
EINVAL

Streaming I/O is not supported, the buffer type is not supported, or no
buffers have been allocated (memory mapping) or enqueued (output) yet."
The following error is being returned by the compiler:"error: 'BufferType'
undeclared (first use in this function)".

But i didn't modify any part of V4l2.vapi.

One thing i noticed in the converted c code are following lines:
"
BufferType type = 0;
type = V4L2_BUF_TYPE_VIDEO_CAPTURE;
            if (ioctl (self->priv->fd, VIDIOC_STREAMON, type) == (-1)) {
            }
"

Why is the BufferType not converted to something like

enum v4l2_buf_type?

and should the parameter "type" in my ioctl be prepended with "&", thus
making it "&type"?

Help please!

Thanks!