Re: [Vala] benchmarks on Vala?

On 17/01/11 14:08, Jiří Zárevúcky wrote:
On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 1:24 AM, Didip Kerabat<didipk gmail com>  wrote:
Hi all,

I'm new to the language and the community.

Welcome.
If you haven't done so already, you can also join our IRC channel.
It's a good place to discuss simpler questions about the basics of the language.

I'm wondering if anyone here have benchmarked Vala against Mono, for example.
In particular: performance of basic types and garbage collection.

I don't know about any recent benchmarks, but I think Vala will
generally be a bit slower than Mono, but more memory efficient.

Slower, really?

Would that be true as well for the dova profile?

It is definitely way faster than Python or JavaScript. It's much
easier and faster to write a program in it compared to C or C++.

I, personally, see the greatest benefit in the fact Vala compiles to C
compatible native binaries, so you can use any Vala library you write
in virtually any other (practical) language.

Hope that answers at least some of your questions :)