Re: [Vala] vala code generation too constrained?

On Tue, 2011-01-11 at 11:11 +0100, Xavier Bestel wrote:
IMHO there should be 2 modes:
- library mode, where conflicts are clearly and loudly shown by valac.
- application mode, where conflicts are silently resolved via a suffix
  or whatever clever magic some smart people invent.

The main reason that speaks against this, in my opinion, is that it
would be really confusing if your code stops working when you move it
from an application to a library, which is not that rare. Also, while C
identifier conflicts due to simple name mangling can lead to unexpected
error messages from the C compiler, they are usually really easy to work
around.

Maybe I could be convinced to optionally support this at some point,
however, there are many more important improvements we should be working
on before this, in my opinion.

Jürg