Re: [Vala] "using" aliases?

I may be wrong, but I think it's preferable not to use 'using',
because it makes difficult to read the code.

2011/1/8 Alexander Krivács Schrøder <alexschrod gmail com>:
Hi.

Are there plans to incorporate using aliases in Vala? It would be very
handy to have them, especially in cases where you encounter the
annoying "ambiguous reference" error. If for instance you have a class
named "Parameter" in some "Very.Long.And.Winded.Namespace" and you try
to use it, you get this error:

error: `Parameter' is an ambiguous reference between `GLib.Parameter'
and `Very.Long.And.Winded.Namespace.Parameter'

What are my choices now? All I can think of doing in Vala is to type
the full name every time, which is clunky and annoying. In C#, I would
be able to do this:

using vln = Very.Long.And.Winded.Namespace;
[...]
var p = new vln.Parameter("woo");
[...]

Alex