Re: [Vala] Vala vs Mono performance benchmark project

Il giorno lun, 31/01/2011 alle 19.23 +0000, Aleksander Wabik ha scritto:
Hi,

on signals i can say that vala uses to call signals by name. vala should generate g_signal_emit() instead
of g_signal_emit_by_name(). can you do a benchmark with this and tell us the performance boost?

I added new benchmark by manually hacking generated C code. The
performance gain is significant, about 18%.

call_signal_typed:  10,473 <----- this it in vala-generated signal
invoking benchmark

call_signal_by_reference_typed:  8,544 <---- this is in the hacked code

I've made a patch against vala git for getting this directly with valac
(but only when it's possible), please test it http://go.3v1n0.net/euaIxh
and let me know how it works for you ;)

Bye