Re: [Vala] dova and glib

On 02/02/11 17:46, Jürg Billeter wrote:
On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 08:52 +0000, Rob Taylor wrote:
How about, in dova mode, you automatically create dova objects wrapping
the gobjects? Could be done explicitly (per vapi?) to make it obvious.

While this would theoretically work to some extent for Vala
applications, it would break for Vala libraries, at least when you use
GObject types in your API. It would also complicate things a lot as not
even the basic types such as strings have the same representation in the
two profiles - strings are ref-counted in Dova.

I think it makes more sense to keep the profiles separate from
language/compiler point of view and just make it easy to create Dova
bindings for GObject libraries based on gobject-introspection.

I think that was roughly what I meant to suggest :)

Rob

Jürg

--

Rob Taylor, CTO, Codethink Ltd. - http://codethink.co.uk