Re: [Vala] Debugging

Hello,

                     في س، 17-12-2011 عند 11:41 -0500 ، كتب Brian Duffy:
Okay, that was enlightening. I certainly am glad that I have some way to
investigate the clutter property but I can't help but wonder how hard it
would be for gdb to be able to print that value if I can print it right
from my vala code to the external console with a simple printf statement. I
guess it gets back to the fact that gdb is for debugging C and has no
knowledge of the hoops Vala is jumping through to get its printf function
to print out the value of that property. I see that as a problem, but not
as big a problem as writing my app in C versus Vala ;-)

That's it. I have written a gdb patch to add support for vala. It still
doesn't support properties, but I hope you can find it useful.
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/vala-list/2010-December/msg00121.html
(I'm not sure it still applies on the latest version, but it shouldn't
be too hard to fix)

If there is interest in this, I'll try to improve it.

Regards,
Abderrahim