Re: [Vala] General-purpose Makefile for building Vala projects (was: Does anyone know how to use parvala?)

On 08/23/2011 11:52 PM, Damien Radtke wrote:
Thanks for your response, but my goal is to be able to create a good,
general-purpose Makefile for building Vala projects. Autotools work well for
porting to as many platforms as possible, but for simply building and
testing it's overkill. My first attempt lacked parallel build support and
would re-compile the entire source tree every time, which I hoped parvala
would solve, but I discovered that it has a couple large shortcomings for
how I want to use it:
Because of these, I started working on a new Makefile using parvala.mk as a
template. Like I mentioned before, the idea is to have this Makefile be a
drop-in tool to start building Vala projects, and not require additional
scripts or configuration. Here's a basic run-through:
If there is some interest in it, I can polish it up and submit it to contrib
for users who would prefer plain make over automake for their projects.

I, for one, would be very interested. I agree that automake is often
overkill. A simple, make-based solution would be great.

Thanks and best regards
        Christian

--
|------- Dr. Christian Siefkes ------- christian siefkes net -------
| Homepage: http://www.siefkes.net/ | Blog: http://www.keimform.de/
|    Peer Production Everywhere:       http://peerconomy.org/wiki/
|---------------------------------- OpenPGP Key ID: 0x346452D8 --
Workaholism is an illness, but not an illness like alcoholism that affects
only the unlucky few. Workaholism is more like the common cold: Everyone
has a bout of it now and then.
        -- Tom DeMarco and Timothy Lister, Peopleware