Re: [Vala] extract translatable strings from VALA files

On Wed, 2011-08-24 at 22:52 +0200, rastersoft wrote:
Hi all:

I've been able to extract the translatable strings from VALA files using

    xgettext -o po/untitled.pot -L c# -k_ *.vala

Your shell stops interpreting right at the #, because it thinks you're
starting a comment. To actually pass the # put it in "".

Unfortunately, when I want to use intltool-update with a POTFILES.in
file (setting before each VALA file the string [type: gettext/c#] to
mark them as C# files) it doesn't work fine because I can't specify
the "-k_" parameter, in order to make intltool-update to search for
_("blah") instead of xgettext("blah").

Does someone know how to extract the strings, then?

Thanks.