Re: [Vala] Vala logo proposals

I get an error when I try to open the Ubuntu One-page :-) Would really love
to see the proposal.

// Kris

2011/8/17 Tobias Bernard <bertob93 gmail com>

hi

Thank you all for your feedback!

@ Luca:
I wouldn't use the tango palette, first of all because I personally don't
like it really much ;) and second becuase it doesn't fit really well with
the values the whole brand identity aims to communicate (freedom,
lightness,
simplicity etc). I don't see why blue should be old school in general, and
as explained in the pdf, I think it fits really well with the ideas behind
Vala.
However, if it is decided to go for tango colors, in some way that could
work as well, I guess :)

@ Rastersoft
Looks interesting, I'll try something like that. The problem is probably to
keep the V readable. We'll see..

@ Rob
Of course, once a logo has been chosen, there will be many different
versions for different sizes and purposes, among those very likely also a
horizontal one, but it's way too early to think about such details. I
placed
the symbols above the text for all proposals because it worked well with
the
sheet format, but this does in no way mean the final logo is going to
behave
this way.

@ Joseph
That (or a similar) slogan could be used also as a logo subtitle. like it
:)

As explained in the pdf I think a subtitle for the logo would be nice. So
if
anyone has an idea how the essence of Vala could be expressed in short
words, please make suggestions! (example: "Ruby - a programmer's best
friend")

Here's what we currently have:
- Vala - a simple yet powerful programming language
- Vala - gives you vings (or maybe "spread your wings", so it'd be less
similar to the redbull slogan^^)

I recommend everyone to also read the initial part of the document, so you
can understand better where the logos come from and why I did things the
way
I did.
Of course, suggestions of any kind are highly appreaciated ;)

kind regards
tobias