Re: [Vala] Structure initialisation syntax

On 27 April 2011 08:46, David Given <dg cowlark com> wrote:
On 26/04/11 23:02, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
[...]
Color c = Color ();
c.red = 0.5;

Sorry, it's late and I forgot a magic key phrase: I'm actually looking
for a designated initialiser, where I get to specify individual field
names and values inside the initialiser block.

│
│ "I have a mind like a steel trap. It's rusty and full of dead mice."
│ --- Anonymous, on rasfc

If it's a struct you've defined you can do what I do and define the
initialiser yourself

public struct Range {
    public uint position;
    public uint length;
    public Range (uint _position, uint _length) {
        position = _position;
        length = _length;
    }
}