Re: [Vala] Vala posix profile

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 01:20:48PM +0200, pancake wrote:
I just did a little test using cairo with the posix profile of Vala. You can read the code at
code.valaide.org

The first issue I get is that stdio.h is not included until you use a function like print() which is a bit
annoying because vala already places some defines before the code (cairo_destroy,,..)

I think stdio.h should be included when using the --profile=posix

I think that we could include stdio and stdlib unconditionally.

The other bug I found is that Vala places a g_return_if_fail if I pass an instance as argument to a
function... This shouldnt be done on posix. Or at least provide a non glib dependant code like redefining
this or just use assert()

What do you think about these changes?

They're obviously bugs, so...

--