Re: [Vala] gstreamer element

Excellent! I was missing the "class construct" syntax. Very nice
examples, thanks to you both!
Jordi

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 8:26 AM, Sandino Flores Moreno <tigrux gmail com> wrote:
Here is another example:

https://github.com/tigrux/gst-plugin-omap4videodecbin/blob/master/gst/gstomap4videodecbin.vala

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 3:28 AM, Thijs Vermeir <thijsvermeir gmail com> wrote:
Hey,

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Jordi Burguet Castell
<jordi burguet castell gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

Has anyone tried to do a gstreamer *element* in vala? It sounds to me
like it would be worth because of the more succinct syntax, but I
could not figure out how to put the element and pads description in
the base_init() funtion (apart from putting the properties in the
class_init() and then doing the real initialization in the init()
functions).

The only related documentation I've found is:
http://valadoc.org/references/gstreamer-0.10/0.11.5/index.htm
but nothing about how to put things in base_init()

And also how to make a pipeline using gstreamer elements:
http://live.gnome.org/Vala/GStreamerSample
but not how to do the elements themselves.

Yes, it's possible and not so difficult to write gstreamer elements in vala.
Check this link for an example, it's an old link but I think the code
is still valid:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~asabil/vala/gst-vala-template/view/head:/src/vala-sink.vala

Gr,
Thijs