Re: [Vala] Gtk.Entry issue

Asim Liaquat wrote:
I'm quite new to vala, just learning it. I can't seem to create a keyboard
shortcut for an Entry widget (using Gtk). E.g. when i press Control-L i want
the focus to be on the Entry field. If anyone can shed some light it would
be appreciated.

I don't know GTK and I am also a beginner with Vala, but in general:

The Vala bindings are a very thin layer on top of the C bindings, so
first you need to find out how to do it in GTK in C (ask in a GTK
forum!), and then find the equivalent method in Vala.

Check out www.valadoc.org and/or the GTK .vapi file installed on your
machine to find the equivalent method.  In case of problems, look at
the C file generated by valac (-C option) to see whether the C code
being generated is what you expect.

Vala still has a few rough spots, but if you take the hacker approach,
you can still make it work very well for you.

Jim

--
 Jim Peters                  (_)/=\~/_(_)                 jim uazu net