Re: [Vala] Vala Toys 0.10.3 beta 1

On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 14:52 -0700, Robert Powell wrote:

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Andrea Del Signore <sejerpz tin it>
wrote:

        yes I'm using it but I don't think that my memory consumption
        problems
        are related to that vapi.

On a quick look, I see in vtgutils.vala calls TextIter.get_text.  The
vapi says it is unowned, but perhaps it should be owned.  valgrind
would certainly be of use.

It's horribly slow ;) but I've gone through it and I've a strong believe
that it isn't anything related to text manipulation.

This is the same class of errors I was finding in valencia.  I didn't
update that function, but it would be an interesting place to look.

No it's something bigger: I experience 70 / 80 MB of memory use without
any gedit interaction, just after opening a project. I'm beginning to
believe that it isn't a leak at all since it doesn't grow significantly
over the time...

Have fun!

For sure :)

        Andrea