Re: [Vala] Question about Gtk.Builder

Why do you bother about closing mainwindow ? In 99% of cases, your
application will end when you close (really, not miniminzing) your
mainwindow. And here that is the case.
Then, OS will reclaim resources ending the application ; so, Why bother ?
Destroying mainwindow is a very special case.

Not bothering about the cleanup when closing application is a very,
very bad idea. The system will reclaim all resources, but if you want
to ever use valgrind or maybe in the future there comes up the idea of
some reusing actual code or extending the application with some new
features, you get total mess. Not to mention that there ARE systems
where the kernel will not reclaim memory and you have a leak (but ATM
we don't have glib port to BREW, do we?)

As for the OP's question, I must say that I don't know, but the
question looks perfectly reasonable to me.

best regards,

As far as I've seen for now ; someone correct me if I'm wrong.