[Vala] Microsoft patents & Vala

Hi,

I've found similar thread in the list archive, I'd answer to that
thread but it's old - I only found it in the archive, don't have in my
mail client. The old thread is here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/vala paldo org/msg00121.html

The question about how much microsoft patents (especially for .net and
c#) do threaten Vala? The thing that I've found on the internet -
rather critical for the whole Vala project idea:
http://linuxpatents.blogspot.com/2010/05/language-envy.html

As I see, at least the delegates statements in that article are rubbish
(delegate = function pointer, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the
delegates in Vala are not a bit more "high level", and even don't
differ in the overall syntax from C function pointers - you declare
delegate type just as function pointer type in C, and then do
assignments), but how much is the rest of the article relevant?

best regards,

--
Mój klucz publiczny o identyfikatorze 1024D/E12C5A4C znajduje się na
serwerze hkp://keys.gnupg.net

My public key with signature 1024D/E12C5A4C is on the server
hkp://keys.gnupg.net