Re: [Vala] Problem building vapigen

On Wed, 2010-11-10 at 18:50 +0100, Nicolas wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to build last vala from svn and i connot build vapigen
(./configure --enable-vapigen)

I'm assuming you meant git. SVN hasn't been updated in ~ 2 years.

gmake[4]: entrant dans le répertoire «
/usr/home/niko/Desktop/Divers/vala/vapigen »
   CC     valavapicheck.o
valavapicheck.c: In function 'vala_vapi_check_construct':
valavapicheck.c:152: error: 'SOURCE_FILE_TYPE_SOURCE' undeclared (first
use in this function)
valavapicheck.c:152: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
valavapicheck.c:152: error: for each function it appears in.)
gmake[4]: *** [valavapicheck.o] Erreur 1
gmake[4]: quittant le répertoire «
/usr/home/niko/Desktop/Divers/vala/vapigen »

Do you have this problem too ?

It looks like what is happening is your vapigen is being built with an
old libvala vapi (probably the version installed in your system).
Someone had a similar issue a while back in IRC, and they solved it by
building and installing valac without vapigen, then building and
installing with vapigen. A bit of a hack, I know, but I haven't been
able to reproduce the issue, so I have no idea what is really going on.

Is there anything interesting about your environment? Are you trying to
build out of tree or anything like that? Is it a fresh checkout?

-Evan