Re: [Vala] vala-gen-introspect does not add my struct to *.gi file

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 5:59 AM, Abderrahim Kitouni <a kitouni gmail com> wrote:
Hello,
                 في ن، 01-11-2010 عند 14:42 -0700 ، كتب Anatol Pomozov:
Hi,

I have a smaller repo case. On my Ubuntu 10.04 I run

/usr/local/lib/vala-0.10/gen-introspect-0.10 --namespace=Thrift
-I/usr/local/include/thrift -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include
/usr/local/include/thrift/protocol/thrift_protocol.h
/usr/local/lib/libthrift_c_glib.so

It generates metadata for only 2 structures ThriftProtocolError and
ThriftProtocol. Why the tool does not generate information for other
structures such as ThriftType, ThriftMessageType and
ThriftProtocolClass.

http://github.com/anatol/thrift/blob/c_glib/lib/c_glib/src/protocol/thrift_protocol.h

I am really new to gtk OO style so I don't understand what is going on here.
I guess the problem with ThriftType and ThriftMessageType is that they
aren't defined in the "standard" way "typedef enum {...} EnumName" as is
the case with ThriftProtocolError. (even glib-mkenums wouldn't find
them). As for ThriftProtocolClass, it seems really weird.

Thanks for the help. "Fixing" the enum helped. Now i see the enums in
the *.gi file.

ThriftProtocolClass still not extracted.

anatol:vala $ vapigen --library thrift thrift/thrift_c_glib.gi
error: The type name `Thrift.ProtocolClass' could not be found
error: The type name `Thrift.ProtocolFactoryClass' could not be found
error: The type name `Thrift.ServerClass' could not be found
Generation failed: 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)