Re: [Vala] Bindings generation where the namespace doesn't match the C prefix

Hi,
                  في ج، 28-05-2010 عند 13:17 +0100 ، كتب Sam Thursfield:
Hi everyone!
I'm getting some vala hacking done at the moment, (I'm impressed with
how well everything works by the way, you are master craftsmen)

I'm trying to generate bindings for the latest couchdb-glib and I'm
confused how the existing bindings have been generated. How do you
convince vapigen to use the CouchDB namespace rather than Couchdb as
would be expected from the C prefix?

I have solved the problem for now using sed, but it seems like there
should be a neater solution. If there is I haven't found it documented
or discussed anywhere.
I think it's not possible (you can change the name of types but not
namespaces). Generally, the bindings try to keep the C prefix as
namespace, so there hasn't been any need for this :-)
AFAICS, vapigen annotations are added "as needed", so if you have a
weird bindings you may as well need to patch vapigen (or provide a
*-custom.vala but doubt this will work in your case).

HTH,
Abderrahim