Re: [Vala] Valac generates bad C code for certain inheritance chains

hi,
in tutorial :
http://live.gnome.org/Vala/Tutorial#Interfaces_.2BAC8_Mixins
you'll see that Vala enforce a class to describe all the implemented
interface.
Cyrille.

Le mercredi 17 mars 2010 à 11:21 -0700, Robert Powell a écrit :
On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 9:18 PM, Sam Wilson <tecywiz121 hotmail com> wrote:

Valac generates C code that does not compile for the attached example.
I don't think that the example is supposed to compile, but I am pretty
sure that valac should be outputting the error and not cc.

What do you think the error should be in Vala?  It seems like reasonable
code to me.

A workaround for the problem you are having would be to replace
    base.foobar();
with
    SomeSuperClass the_base = this as SomeSuperClass;
    the_base.foobar();

Should I put this on the bug tracker?

I think so.  The bug can always be marked invalid!

Rob