Re: [Vala] Newbie Compile Time Errors

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 17:17:25 -0700, Jeff Cave wrote:
Anyway, I think it's better to install the library.

One of the problems is that the library is not even at version 0.0.2, that
means its going to change frequently.

I was actually hoping to use it as a learning tool for building my own
libraries and understanding the compiler. I actually don't want to install the
library because I want to treat it as part of my overall project (this is as
much about setting up good project environments as anything else).

If the library provides a *-uninstalled.pc (libvfcgi-uninstalled.pc), you
can pretend it's installed by setting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH (environment
variable) to the directory where that file is. Than calling valac with
respective --vapidir and --pkg libvfcgi should do the right thing
automagically.

This is special feature in pkg-config, that it looks for
<package>-uninstalled.pc in preference to <package>.pc, provided for exactly
this kind of situation.

--
                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz>