Re: [Vala] making a running a program as a child inside my program's widget.

On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 12:23:26 +0200, Arkadi Viner wrote:
I don't find any example or code for gladeui on the internet for what I need
so I think it's much easier to go with the socket and the plug....

It would probably be a bit easier, but the result will be bigger bit more
ugly. That's because libgladeui allows you to lay out the glade widgets
individually to fit the rest of the application, which you can't do with
socket/plug.

It's mostly obvious you won't find many examples, since there are just two users
-- glade itself and anjuta -- but it does not look too complicated. Just
create the application, give it the document, get back the widgets and put
them somewhere.