Re: [Vala] How to abort sorting in Gee.ArrayList?

Hi Christer,

On 06/27/10 10:36, Christer wrote:
Whats a smart way of aborting sorting a list? I have objects in a ArrayList
being sorted using the Comparable interface. My application is handling
millions of items being sorted and I sometimes would like to abort the
sorting if the user chooses to do something else.

Indeed, I think none ever submitted a such use-case.

Should the original list be left untouched in case of cancellation ? In
that case, a temporary view should be used instead of the original list.

Else, the original list would be left partially sorted (which might not
be a problem for certain use-cases).

Then I guess sort() could also be defined as an async method with an
additional Cancellable argument. Would that fit your use-case ?

And thanks for Vala and Gee once again, Im loving the speed of them both and
plan to use them for many projects on Linux. :)

Glad to hear that :)

Best regards, Didier.