Re: [Vala] Abstract properties in Concrete Class

Offtopic: why don't you use?

print (test.to_string());

On Jun 10, 2010, at 9:08 AM, Luca Bruno <lethalman88 gmail com> wrote:

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 10:25:37PM -0400, tecywiz121 wrote:
Hello again,

This is the second snippet I was curious about.

Basically, valac should not allow the following code to compile since
IMHO, its completely wrong.

Just checking whether I should file a bug report or not.

------------------------------------

public class TestClass
{
   public abstract bool test_prop { get; set; }
}

public static int main(string[] args)
{
   TestClass tc = new TestClass();

   bool test = tc.test_prop;

   stdout.printf("%s\n", test ? "TRUE" : "FALSE");
   return 0;
}

Given class TestSubclass : TestClass overriding test_prop:

TestClass tc = new TestSubclass();
bool test = tc.test_prop;

It's completely right.

You might want to make TestClass an abstract class to not instantiate it, but problems come on runtime and it's not a compiler failure if you don't
override the property.

--
http://www.debian.org - The Universal Operating System